Monday 23 July 2018

#BookReview ~ Innocent Indiscretions (Unrivalled Regency Book 7) By Jackie Williams #Regency #Romance @wackyjackyful


-->
Innocent Indiscretions (Unrivalled Regency Book 7)
By Jackie Williams


Can a gentle kiss beneath the mistletoe seal your fate? Especially when given by the deliciously handsome but ostracized, Lord Jeremy Rookwood. 


Probably not. 


But a kiss is a kiss, even if meant in innocence. And an indiscretion seen in public can only lead to disaster, destruction, and desolation. Especially when Elisa Rowallan’s newly announced fiancé is not the giver of the kiss, but an evil, money grabbing murderer with only one object in mind. Her!


Five years after first meeting one fateful night, Jeremy is still smitten and Elisa clearly in love, but desperation turns their happiness into instant despair. With her life in peril, and danger lurking behind every shadow, has Jeremy’s innocent indiscretion sealed Elisa’s fate, or can they outrun the malevolence that pursues them into a frosty night?


Innocent Indiscretions is the 7th book in the Unrivalled Regency series of Regency mystery romance. While each book is a standalone story, the series is best read in order due to the reappearance of previous characters and places. The book is suitable for anyone age 16+ due to some sensual scenes and adult language. 


The Coffee Pot Book Club Review



If it wasn’t for Jeremy, goodness knows where Elisa Rowallan would have ended up. She had a lot to thank him and his friends for. However,  it was more than thanks she felt for Jeremy. Unfortunately, it has been five long years since last she had seen him. She could only conclude that her feelings for him had not been returned.

For five years, Jeremy had kept his distance, but he cannot stay away from Elisa any longer. She is the love of his life, and by the look in her eyes, he dares to hope that he is the love of hers. However, dark and dangerous forces plot against both Elisa and Jeremy. They must keep their wits or risk losing each other forever.

I was so excited when I heard that there was another book in the Unrivalled Regency series, and I could not wait to get my hands on it. Innocent Indiscretions (Unrivalled Regency Book 7) by Jackie Williams was everything I hoped it would be and then some. Mis Williams brought the glamour of the Regency era to life, and, as with all her books, I fell into the story.

I adored the characterisation of both Elisa and Jeremy. Their romance is so sweet, and their love was very believable and real in the telling. The story itself was filled with many twists and turns. I feared for our brave protagonists lives at one point. This story certainly kept me on the edge of my seat!

If you are looking for a sweet Regency Romance with a fast-paced plot with plenty of action, then look no further than Innocent Indiscretions. This book is part of a series, but it stands very well on its own. However,  I do recommend picking up the other books in the series as well because they are fabulous!

I Highly Recommend.


Jackie Williams

I was born in Essex England during the mid sixties but I missed all the fun. Being only young, I assumed that all Beatles were six legged creatures and Flower Power was something to do with the vigorous way my mother kneaded the bread dough.

My wonderful parents brought me up with a huge love of books. We read anything and everything. Bedtime stories were a treasured time of adventure and mystery. My sister and I sat wide eyed in wonder and to this day I worry about Dinah and Dorinda being pricked with pins because they grew so fat, and I never pull faces at the a waning moon (or was it a waxing one?) just in case my chops stay that way . (The Wind On The Moon)

I began reading romance while still at school. The fuel for many a teenage fantasy leapt from between the covers of wildly romantic books and my passion still lingers now for all those dark haired heroes.

My own beautiful teenage daughter persuaded me to write my first romance. She was only fourteen at the time and between books for children and adults. She couldn't find anything that ticked all her numerous and particular boxes and so she asked me to write a book, with all the exact ingredients just for her. Though not just a book for teens, she enjoyed the resulting tale so much that she shared it with her friends and I eventually published A Perfect Summer as an ebook on amazon.

But I have discovered that writing is not easily stopped once you start. It has turned into a grand passion that I just cannot hold back. The fingertips start tapping the keys and ideas suddenly come flooding, far too many for just one book and so I began another and then another, and I am still nowhere near done.

I hope you enjoy all of my efforts and I look forward to your comments and reviews.

If you are interested in finding out more, you can see what I get up to at:


Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter for all my latest goings on:


You can find me on WordpressTwitterFacebookGoogle+Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. A Christmas themed Regency released in the middel of one of the hottest summers on record! Oh well! Hopefully the frosty parts will cool the readers off!

    ReplyDelete

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx