Sunday 4 February 2024

Because Paris is always a good idea...

 


Thirty Days in Paris
By Veronica Henry


Publication Date: 13th April 2023
Publisher: Orion
Page Length: 372 Pages
Genre: Romance

Because Paris is always a good idea...

Years ago, Juliet left a little piece of her heart in Paris - and now, separated from her husband and with her children flying the nest, it's time to get it back!

So she puts on her best red lipstick, books a cosy attic apartment near Notre-Dame and takes the next train out of London.

Arriving at the Gare du Nord, the memories come flooding back: bustling street cafés, cheap wine in candlelit bars and a handsome boy with glittering eyes.

But Juliet has also been keeping a secret for over two decades - and she begins to realise it's impossible to move forwards without first looking back.

Something tells her that the next thirty days might just change everything...

Pick up your copy of 
Thirty Days in Paris

Veronica Henry


I'm Veronica - otherwise known as Ronnie - and I'm delighted you've found your way here!

I love to take my readers somewhere they might like to be, whether a gorgeous house in the countryside or a seaside clifftop; a trip to Paris or on board the Orient Express. There, my characters go through the trials and tribulations of everyday life, embroiled in situations and dilemmas we can all relate to. And of course at the heart of my writing is love. All kinds of love, not just romantic: the love of friends and family, or a place, or a passion (food, wine and books, in my case . . .) 

My next book, The Secret Beach, is inspired by a hidden cove near where I live. It's almost impossible to get to, as the steps were swept away one stormy night. It's a place that is very special to me, and is also special to my heroine, Nikki. For many years ago, it was where she would meet up with the love of her life, away from the prying eyes of everyone in the town where she grew up. Fast forward to the present day, and an anonymous note arrives on her doorstep. Someone saw; someone knows. But what are they going to do about it? It's a story of forbidden love, family loyalty, sisters, seaside and a small town in Cornwall. A romantic, windswept mystery with a big heart.

I also live by the sea and head to the beach every day with my dog Zelda. I love discovering new restaurants, and do a bit of sea swimming to offset the calories. I love a bit of upcycling too - never happier than when painting a set of bookshelves with a tin of Farrow and Ball. 

My biggest writing influences are HE Bates, Nancy Mitford, Jilly Cooper and any book that has a big rambling house and an eccentric family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx