Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Blue Gold by Lindsay Townsend

 



Blue Gold 
By Lindsay Townsend



Publication Date: 6th January 2019
Publisher: Independently Published
Print Length: 422 Pages
Genre: Ancient World Historical Romance

Two Pharaohs, Many Gods, One Kingdom—Who Wins?

Ruling Upper Egypt from Thebes, Pharaoh Sekenenre has many enemies. Aweserre, whose grandfather seized the crown of Lower Egypt. Kamose and Ahhotpe, his son and daughter, who plot to rule in his place. And, most dangerous, the storm-god Set.

It is a time of famine. To prosper a man must be civilized and ruthless. Ramose, priest and Vizier, is all of these. Kasa, a farmer, must learn to be like him to survive. Neith, wife of Ramose, is driven, first to drink, then to courage. Hathor, who killed her son, finds love, desertion, then a second chance at love. Tiyi, the gentle masseuse, is desired by many, but desires only one.

Watched by the gods of Egypt, the conflict reaches its climax in war. The pyramids, a thousand years old when the story begins, play a crucial part. Behind all is the God Set, with his question: 'What am I?'


Pick up your copy of Blue Gold HERE
Read with #KindleUnlimited

Lindsay Townsend 



I'm a historical romance author living in Yorkshire. My current books are set in medieval England, ancient Rome and ancient Egypt.

Blog





7 comments:

  1. I do love a good Ancient Egypt story, and I suspect the gods are never going to make life straightforward for anyone! 😂 I’m particularly intrigued by that final question from Set. Now I want to know the answer…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds like my kind of book! I do love a bit of historical mystery, and the setting sounds really interesting. Adding this one to my ever growing TBR 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love getting lost in a good historical story, and this sounds like it could be right up my street. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your interest and support. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one for the ever-growing TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of the history mixed in with the mystery. What made you choose this particular time period?

    ReplyDelete
  7. History and prehistory have always interested me. Ancient Egypt has a vast scope and timeline

    ReplyDelete

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx