Saturday 4 May 2024

Can the Norse and the Scots exact their revenge over the mighty King Athelstan of the English?

 


Clash of Kings
(The Brunanburh Series Book 3)
By MJ Porter


Publication Date: 13th January 2024
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Page Length: 362 Pages
Genre: Historical Fiction

Can the Norse and the Scots exact their revenge over the mighty King Athelstan of the English?

AD937

After the slaughter field of Brunanburh, a defeated Olaf Gothfrithson of the Dublin Norse and Constantin of the Scots narrowly escaped with their lives. In their kingdoms, failure has left them demoralised and weak.

Olaf licks his wounds in Dublin, whilst Constantin and the Welsh kingdoms who defied King Athelstan, are once more forced to bend the knee. As Athelstan’s reputation grows stronger day by day, their need to exact revenge on the overmighty and triumphant Athelstan has never been greater. 

Olaf sets his sights on reclaiming the lost kingdom of Jorvik only for tragedy to strike at the heart of England and a reluctant new King, Edmund steps in the fray.

While England mourns the death of their warrior King, her enemies gather on her borders and England stands alone against the might of the Norse, Welsh and Scots. 

Can the new King be victorious and banish her enemies once and for all or will England, and its king lose all that’s been gained and succumb to a new pretender?  

Only 0.99 on #Kindle for a limited time.
Pick up your copy of
Clash of Kings

MJ Porter


I'm an author of historical fiction (Early English/Saxon, Vikings and the British Isles as a whole before the Norman Conquest, as well as three 20th-century mysteries) and fantasy (Viking age/dragon-themed). I have also written my first non-fiction book, The Royal Women Who Made England, available from early 2024.

I was born in the old Mercian kingdom at some point since 1066. Raised in the shadow of a strange little building, told from a very young age that it housed the bones of long-dead kings of Mercia and that our garden was littered with old pieces of pottery from a long-ago battle, it's little wonder that my curiosity in Early England ran riot. I can only blame my parents!

I like to write. You've been warned!

Connect with MJ Porter:



11 comments:

  1. I have added The Brunanburh Series to my to-read list. I am really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Reading. Do let us know what you think of The Brunanburh Series.

      Delete
  2. Your book sounds really intriguing and your cover is beautiful. What made you decide to write about this era?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MJ Porter's books are fabulous. They are well worth checking out.

      Delete
  3. I love this era of history. I will definitely be checking out this series. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of MJ Porter's books, I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this novel. It sounds like a really good read, and I do so love good reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. There is nothing that compares to a good book!

      Delete
  6. I do love a good Viking saga.

    ReplyDelete

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx