Monday 24 June 2024

A docile wife is what he wants. A husband is the last thing she needs. Can a quest for a killer teach them that they are both wrong?

 


A Gentleman’s Promise
(Gentlemen Book 1)
By Penny Hampson


Publication Date: 11th March 2021
Publisher: PP&M Publishing; 2nd edition
Page Length: 322 Pages
Genre: Regency / Historical Romance

A docile wife is what he wants. A husband is the last thing she needs. Can a quest for a killer teach them that they are both wrong?

Emma Smythe and her brother arrive at Easterby Hall to discover that a handsome stranger has laid claim to their ancestral home and the family title. Have her relatives been murdered, and is her brother next? Determined to find the answers, she has no option but to trust the gentleman who insists that he will help. But danger appears in many guises, and for a woman intent on remaining single, her intriguing protector may prove the biggest threat of all. 

The attempts on Richard Lacey’s life begin when he inherits a title and a rundown estate. A coincidence? He’s not so sure. Problems multiply with the unexpected arrival of Jamie and Emma Smythe. Long thought dead, they too are potential targets. Richard thinks he wants a docile, obedient wife, but will the task of keeping headstrong Emma safe from danger change his mind?

Embroiled in a sinister mystery, can Richard and Emma work together to catch a killer? And will this dangerous quest teach them that what they both wish to avoid is exactly what they need?

Pick up your copy of 
A Gentleman’s Promise

Penny Hampson


Writing History, Mystery, and Romance.

Penny Hampson writes mysteries and because she has a passion for history you’ll find her stories also reflect that. A Gentleman’s Promise, a traditional Regency romance, was Penny’s debut novel and the first of her Gentlemen Series. Penny also enjoys writing contemporary mysteries with a hint of the paranormal, because where do ghosts come from but the past? The Unquiet Spirit, a spooky mystery/romance set in Cornwall, was a contender for the Joan Hessayon Award 2021.

Connect with Penny:




12 comments:

  1. I have not read a Regency Romance in ages. I do love the cover and the blurb sounds very appealing. I have grabbed a copy from KU. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny's books are amazing. Do let us know what you think of A Gentleman’s Promise.

      Delete
    2. I'm so pleased to know that you like the cover, Maddie, and hope that you enjoy reading it.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful cover. I have added A Gentleman’s Promise to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the cover is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy A Gentleman’s Promise.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind comment about the cover and I hope you enjoy reading my story about Richard and Emma.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this book. Penny Hampson is a new author for me. I look forward to reading her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend her books, they are fabulous.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your very kind comments about my books, Mary Anne, much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your book, Penny. If I may ask, what inspired you to write about this era of history? And why romance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie. As a historian, I find the Regency period very interesting, as there was so much change taking place in the fields of employment, science, and technology. I also love Jane Austen's novels. I wanted to write uplifting, escapist stories, so what better than romance?

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering my question! I find Austen's novels rather long, but I don't mind watching the movies. I will add your series to my to-read list.

      Delete

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx