Wednesday 26 February 2020

Join me in conversation with author, Cory B. Scott #interview  #amwriting #memoir @CoryBScott1



A Conversation with author, 
Cory B. Scott




Please give a warm Coffee Pot welcome to author, 
Cory B. Scott.

MA: Cory, thank you for coming onto the blog today. What inspired you to write God’s in the Garden?



CS: That’s a loaded question, I had reached a point in my life where I began to question everything I was raised to believe. Life had really kicked my ass and I was on a downward spiral. I started to paint and draw what a felt, then I started writing poems that captured the essence of my feelings, then short stories, then I decided to put my journey in a narrative. It became very cathartic. I began with the intention of having a book my kids could read so they could know their father, all the good and bad. I wanted them to know it is ok to question and seek the truth for themselves, and most of all, to be independent critical thinkers when it comes to faith.



MA: When it comes to writing a memoir, I would not know where to begin. How did you approach writing your book?

CS: I sat in my chair and just let my imagination run with my emotions. In many of the story’s included in the narrative are fictional metaphors of actual events too painful to speak about directly. But I found the freedom to express my repressed anger and forgiveness in the metaphors. All the characters in the stories are based on real people, or events in my life.

MA: Is there anything that sets your memoir apart?

CS: Yes, there are three distinct things:

One, it is not a boring telling of events, it is crafted with a strong narrative and weaved with some fictional short stories that correspond and illustrate the actual events.

Two, my book also includes original poetry not common to memoirs.

Three, I have also included original artwork that I crafted to illustrate and capture the deep emotions of the overall story.

So, to summarize, I weave original artwork, poetry, and stories in an incredible memoir that captures the essence of a survivor's journey through abuse, pain, loss, betrayal, and enlightenment.

MA: God’s in the Garden sounds like a fabulous book, and I wish you all the best with it. Can you tell us what you are currently working on?

CS: I am working on The Avaricious Flower, the third instalment of novellas in the "Inspiring, Metaphoric, and Psychedelic Stories of Oopy Loopy Provenance." A series of stand-alone stories set in the murky provenances of the heart and the human condition. These adventures explore the depths of our humanity. Some are cautionary tales; others are heart-warming and inspiring. They are all sure to bring life, awareness, and strength to each person who reads them.




God’s in the Garden
By Cory B. Scott


An exhilarating memoir about one man’s journey through physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse to find his inspiring personal awakening.

Shaken by the loss of his mother, drained by his pursuit of a doctoral degree, and conflicted over his experience with illegal and unethical activities in religious organizations, Dr. Scott found himself questioning everything he had been raised to believe.  This questioning sends him spiralling down a dark rabbit hole into a new world he never knew existed.

Through original artwork, creative writing, and rigorously honest introspection. Dr. Scott take us all on a journey into the dark places that separate us from unfiltered truth.

Pick up your copy of
God’s in the Garden


Cory B. Scott

Dr. Cory B. Scott has had an adventurous career that has afforded him the honor of such titles as, Doctor, Deputy, Lieutenant, Director, Executive, Reverend, and finally, his true passion, Professor. But those were just titles; He is really just, Daddy, Husband, Brother, Friend, Uncle, Mentor, writer, and finally, in 2019, he was awarded his true love, Grandpa. Cory has survived some devastating and tragic events along his path as well as some personal failures. These experiences have given him deep insight and a desire to help others overcome personal obstacles and transform their tragedies into strength and hope.

Cory weaves original artwork, poetry, and stories in an incredible memoir titled, "God's in the Garden." This book captures the essence of a survivor's journey through abuse, pain, loss, betrayal, and enlightenment. Cory is the author of the "Inspiring, Metaphoric, and Psychedelic Stories of Oopy Loopy Provenance." A series of stand-alone stories set in the murky provenances of the heart and the human condition. These adventures explore the depths of our humanity. These crafty works are designed to inspire and help the reader use the power of metaphor to identify and overcome common hang-ups that hold us back from enjoying this life and reaching our full potential.

Connect with Cory: WebsiteTwitter.







No comments:

Post a Comment

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx